Azerbaijan cuisine is traditionally considered to be an exotic element of the national culture for foreigners. And it is indeed as it has everything to be exotic. It is original, poignant and reflects the richness of the country by itself.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 40-45 min
- 2 beet-roots
- 1 onion
- 25 g/1 oz pomegranate pips
- 50 g/2 oz walnuts
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 25 g/1 oz butter
- salt & pepper
- Peel and slice beet-root and put into a pot. Stew in a small quantity of water, then mince and dress with butter and salt.
- Shred the walnut kernel and add some pomegranate juice. Mix with the mashed beet-root. Put the ready fisindjan on the plate and garnish
- with coiled onions, coriander and walnut kernel halves.