1. The world’s first modern oil well was drilled in Baku, Bibi-Heybat.
2. In the repertoire of prominent Azerbaijan singer Rashid Behbudov there were about 30 songs about Baku.
3. Oil Rocks are included in the Guinness Book of Records as an ancient oil platform.
4. The Germans of Tovuz and Goygol were Germans, and their name was previously Traubenfeld and Yelenendorf.
5. Azerbaijan was the first Muslim country to have political rights with both men and women.
6. The train was put into operation in Baku for the first time in the Soviet Union.
7. At the beginning of the 20th century, 50% of oil produced in the world was acquired in Baku. During the Second World War, Baku supplied 85% of its needs by supplying the Soviet army with oil.
8. Ziya Bunyadov was the only academician of the former Soviet Union who was commander of the disciplinary battalion during World War II.
9. The first musical opera in the eastern part of the Muslim world was performed in Baku. This opera was opera “Leyli and Majnun”.
10. In 1850 the population of Baku was 7400 people. 11. The average annual temperature of Baku and the earth is 14.2 degrees Celsius. 12. 12.The world-famous Nobel Prize is owned by Alfred Nobel as well as from Baku oil.