Kalakosh is the yogurt soup with the tone of the walnut, garlic and onion. This is the outstanding example of the yogurt soups in Azerbaijan cuisine.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 25 min
- 3 glasses of fatty yogurt
- 1½ spoons flour
- 1 egg
- 3 glasses cold water
- 1 spoon rinsed and drained rice
- 1½ glass chopped walnut
- 2 throw grounded garlic
- 1½ spoon dried mint
- 2 spoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 middle chopped onion
- salt & pepper
- Mix yogurt, flour, egg and water in a bowl. Then add rice, walnut, garlic, dried mint and mix again.
- Heat oil in the pan then insert onions and fry 6-7 minutes.
- Add yogurt mixture on onion and cook mixing continuously on medium heat for 20 minutes or till the rice becomes ready. Take off from heat adjust salt and pepper to taste and mix. Serve hot.