Pomegranate kernels are often added to salads to give extra taste and tang, while they are one of the main ingredients in this salad. News.Az is grateful to Gullu Cahangir for allowing us to use her pomegranate salad recipe and photograph, taken from her informative website Azerifood.com.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and peeled
- kernels from 2 pomegranates (preferably not too sweet)
- 2 red onions
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 4-5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- Dice the boiled potatoes when cool. Place in a salad bowl.
- Scatter the pomegranate kernels over the potatoes.
- Peel the red onions and cut into fine rings. Place the rings over the pomegranate.
- Finely chop the coriander and scatter on top of the onion rings.
- Add salt and mayonnaise and mix the salad thoroughly.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread.