News.Az is grateful to Gullu Cahangir for permission to use her pickled peppers recipe and photograph from her informative website Azerifood.com.
Preparation time: 60 min
Cooking time: 30 days
- 10 sweet peppers
- 1 chili pepper
- 100 g/4 oz garlic
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 bunch of tarragon
- 1 bunch of purple basil
- 150 g/6 oz salt
- 400 ml/14 fl.oz grape vinegar
- Wash the herbs and chop finely. Finely chop the garlic and chili and add to the herbs. Add salt.
- Wash the peppers and partially slice off the tops without cutting them off completely. Scoop out the seeds inside the peppers. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the peppers for 5 minutes.
- Strain the peppers through a colander and leave to cool.
- Stuff the cooled peppers with the herb mixture.
- Place in sterilized jars and cover with vinegar.
- Seal the jars and store in a cool place for at least six weeks.