Salads based on white cabbage are enjoyed all year round, but are especially popular in winter, when other salad ingredients are not so readily available. There are different variations on the cabbage salad. If you can find a large white radish (turp in Azerbaijani), this will add bite to the salad.
Preparation time: 20-25 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- 400 g/1 lb fresh white cabbage
- 100 g/4 oz carrot
- 100 g/4 oz Azerbaijani white radish or turp (optional)
- 100 g/4 oz apple (optional)
- 150 g/6 oz sour cream or 2 tbspns vegetable oil or mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sugar
- a few sprigs of parsley and dill or fresh mint
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage and grate.
- Grate the carrot, white radish and apple.
- Mix the contents together. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Dress with vegetable oil, mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Sprinkle finely chopped dill and parsley or fresh mint leaves on top.