Pan kebab is tasty way of cooking lamb without any need for a barbecue.
It could equally well be called oven kebab, as first the meat is fried in a pan, and then baked in the oven.
Preparation time: 20-25 min
Cooking time: 35-40 min
- 800 g/1lb 12 oz lamb
- 100 g/4 oz melted butter
- 4 onions
- 3 eggs
- 25 g/1 oz sugar
- 8 tbspns vinegar
- bunches of coriander and dill
- salt & pepper
- substitute 200 g/8 oz fresh tomatoes for the sugar and vinegar in summer
- Peel 3 onions and mince together with the lamb. Add salt & pepper and mix well by hand.
- Shape the mince into patties and fry in oil until the meat balls start to turn crisp on the outside.
- Finely chop the remaining onion and fry in oil until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar, then add to the fried onions. Add the beaten eggs and finely chopped herbs to the sauce and mix well.
- Place the meatballs into an ovenproof dish and cover with the sauce.
- Bake in a medium hot oven for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs to serve.